banner

This is the autobiographical journal of Arvil Bren, a somewhat reluctant hero who has been placed on an unknown quest by powers that he barely knows exist. Follow his journey as it is updated daily, Monday through Friday, and enjoy! These are the most recent entries in Arvil Bren's third journal; Politics of the Redoran. His first journal can be found in its entirety here. His second journal, Trail of the Archmage can be found here.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Day Fifty-one: Mission to Vivec City

Nine-toes had said to meet Caius at noon, so I rose early this morning. The journey to Moonmoth Fort was pleasant enough. In the dawn mists I decided to just accept that what I have done is done. If my assault on the Cammona Tong put a crimp in the Emperor's plan, that would just have to be straightened out. After that was settled in my own head it was just a comfortable hike with a bit of hunting along the way.

Then I met with Caius. He was furious. Not so much about my activities; I had just been out of contact too long. I really had no answer when he said "Damn it all Bren, you had time to come to Balmora and kill my next door neighbor! Would it be too much to expect a check in appearance from you without having to send Nine-toes swimming every swamp in the Empire?"

I was sincerely contrite. There were times when I could have checked in; not when I had Rabinna in tow, but other times. I suppose I was afraid Caius would demand that I drop my pursuit of the Tong. Better to ask forgiveness after than permission before, as they say. Anyway, once he had blown off a little steam, and I had agreed to do better at keeping him informed of my whereabouts, we settled down to discussing what to do next about the Nerevarine prophecies. Despite his concerns, I think Caius approved of my actions in general. He doesn't strike me as someone who would shed a tear for the thugs of the Cammona Tong.

He also was somewhat impressed with the low profile I had maintained given the effectiveness of my blitz. Somewhat impressed, but he had some suggestions that I will have to take into consideration. I am going to have to part with my spear. That will also call for mastering some other weapon. The Hlaalu guards, at the urging of Orvas Dren I am sure, are taking in anyone carrying a spear for questioning. They are courteous, but professional. If they question me it is a fair bet their professionalism would last longer than their courtesy. As Caius pointed out, roaming the city streets with a spear in hand is not the inconspicuous way for a Blades operative to travel anyway.

Talk of roaming city streets brings my next mission to the fore. I am dispatched to Vivec City to make contact with more of Caius' informants. Vivec is the largest city on Vvardenfell, and one of the largest cities in the east. I am eager to see its unique architecture.

My excitement about heading to Vivec buoyed me along on the road back to Pelagiad. It was tempered somewhat as I spent the evening at the Halfway, dancing with Ahnassi. I confess, I would rather stay with her. There is a new complication in our relationship though. It's new to me anyhow.

It seems Ahnassi has a mate; a Khajiit mate who came to Vvardenfell with her. They are long estranged, but there are feelings she has not completely settled, and Khajiit traditions not resolved. While I am in Vivec I must seek out this mate J'Dhannar. He was addicted to skooma, the distilled moon sugar extract, and last seen in the canton of St. Olms. I promised Ahnassi that I would find him, and if possible turn him free of the skooma. How I have no idea, but it seems that this is what is required for her to be free of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home