banner

This is the autobiographical journal of Arvil Bren, a somewhat reluctant hero who has been placed on an unknown quest by powers that he barely knows exist. Follow his journey as it is updated daily, Monday through Friday, and enjoy! These are the most recent entries in Arvil Bren's third journal; Politics of the Redoran. His first journal can be found in its entirety here. His second journal, Trail of the Archmage can be found here.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Day 101:Sadrith Mora

This morning I reported to Skink-in-trees-shade, the guild steward in Sadrith Mora. I think Ranis might be out of her mind. I cannot picture myself as the Archmage of Vvardenfell. I haven't even started getting used to being a Magician, even though she promoted me yesterday. Now I find myself in the wilderness of the grazelands trying to set up a meeting for Skink; a meeting with a wise woman of the Ashlanders. Knowing what I had to go through to speak to a wise woman I am not sure this is a good idea.

I'm not sure anything is a good idea. Caius has not set up a meeting with the dissident priests, and seems to be having some trouble with his contacts in Vivec City. I spoke to him before I left Balmora. I told him about Ranis' grand plan for me. He laughed, and drily said "Well, that will be a unique cover." I didn't think it was funny.

The Ashland tribes of the grazelands seem to have life much easier than the Urshilaku. The hardy grasses stretch away to the horizon, supporting beasts and insects, hunters and herders. They are no more friendly though, at least the Zainab are not.

Skink suggested that the most likely tribe to accept his request would be the Ahemmusa, but the Zainab were closer so I went to their camp first. The Ashkhan, Kaushad, was not interested in any meeting between his wise woman and what he would only refer to as 'this Argonian'. I have no idea what Skink wants to talk to a wise woman about, so I had no way to answer the Ashkhan's questions. They were rhetorical anyway I am sure. "Will this Argonian make the Telvanni deal with us fairly? Make the Empire give us fair price for our goods? Will this Argonian get us a place on the council? Protect us from blighted creatures and outlaws? I have no time for this Argonian."

So the meeting did not go as well as I had hoped. I did hear an interesting rumor in the camp though. The rumor has it that a mad outlander thinks he is the Nerevarine. I did not correct them. I don't think I am the Nerevarine, I just might become the Nerevarine. And I am not mad. I don't think so anyway.

I sleep beneath the stars tonight. Tomorrow I will continue north in search of the Ahemmusa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home