banner

This is the autobiographical journal of Arvil Bren, a somewhat reluctant hero who has been placed on an unknown quest by powers that he barely knows exist. Follow his journey as it is updated daily, Monday through Friday, and enjoy! These are the most recent entries in Arvil Bren's third journal; Politics of the Redoran. His first journal can be found in its entirety here. His second journal, Trail of the Archmage can be found here.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Day Ninety-four: Journey to Sheogorad

The ruins Edwinna wants me to explore are at Mzuleft, on the main island of Sheogorad. Sheogorad lies off the north coast. They are untamed; a wilderness that provides a buffer between Vvardenfell and the Sea of Ghosts. Off the shore near the Urshilaku camp the chain has dwindled down to nothing more than a scattering of fang like rocks rising above the sea. My intent was to travel along the coast until I could cross to a major island, then work along the chain to the main island. An outpost called Dagon Fel lies near the ruins, and I thought I could make it in a day. I almost made it, but not as planned.

I awoke to the sound of hide slamming against poles. Nibani Maesa had allowed me to pitch my bedroll in her yurt. The howling wind threatened to collapse it over us. She laughed as I sat bolt upright. "It is a sturdy tent Arvil Bren, fit for the Nerevarine himself," she said. I took a brief glance out at the swirling ash and dust and changed my plan. Just as well.

My recall spell again took me home to Pelagiad and Ahnassi's house. The first benefit of my changed plan was seeing her. She had acquired an appropriate scabbard for me, and the great sword Magebane now rides across my back. Though cracking mudcrabs and slaying rats is certainly beneath the dignity of such a fine weapon it provided good practice throughout the day.

I hiked into Balmora. The clear skies and sunshine of the Ascadian Isles was even more enjoyable than usual after the brief taste of ashstorm. Caius was impressed by the Bone-biter bow and my new status among the Ashlanders. We read over the notes I had taken, and he was amazed by the idea that I could possibly become the real Nerevarine rather than the copy that I was originally intended to be. The trials did set him back however. "Well that explains why Nerevarines don't just fall off the trees," he said with a shrug. He agreed to contact Mehra Milo and start setting me up to meet the dissident priests. He also gave me some useful advice regarding my mission to Sheogorad.

When my meeting with the spymaster was complete I went to the guild hall. I did not want to face Edwinna, or the Ashstorm that would likely still be blowing between Ald-ruhn and the coast. Caius let me know that I didn't need to. I took the guild guide to Sidrith Mora, capital of the Telvanni district, and took ship directly to Dagon Fel. I sleep tonight in comfort, safe on the rolling sea, and will see the sun rise over Dagon Fel tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home