banner

This is the autobiographical journal of Arvil Bren, a somewhat reluctant hero who has been placed on an unknown quest by powers that he barely knows exist. Follow his journey as it is updated daily, Monday through Friday, and enjoy! These are the most recent entries in Arvil Bren's third journal; Politics of the Redoran. His first journal can be found in its entirety here. His second journal, Trail of the Archmage can be found here.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Yet another note from the author

Three things.

First, I want to really really thank all my readers. The comments you leave, the weekly stat report that shows up in my e-mail with the numbers, seeing the little flags from around the world...I cannot begin to explain how that has come to support me through hard times and thrill me through good times. Thank you thank you thank you.

Second, I again want input. Arvil is coming up on 100 days in Vvardenfell, and I want to put together a 'highlight' package that I can use to introduce the Journal to some new markets. I'm really excited about finally getting linked on Bethesda Softworks official sites, but I have the heart and background of a marketer so I am already looking for the next opportunity to reach more readers. So the input I'm looking for is two things...how did you first find this site? And if you were to send one day of the journal to a friend and say 'hey, I'm reading this, you might like it' what day would you pick?

Last, and actually least, I just want to remind everybody that Arvil Bren can always go find a mudcrab to eat, but I really appreciate it when people check out the ads that Google provides over there on the side. I live in the desert and mudcrab meat is hard to come by.

9 Comments:

Blogger S. L. Ward said...

I really love your writing, and your ability to mix the lord and fantasy in a grand mix of adventure! I found this site through a search on google, by placing in 'morrowind fanfiction'. And yes, I do tell others who are Morrowind fans about this blog. =) Great work and you should VERY proud of your work- you've earned it!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Go Tim! I visit this site daily and I act out the entries with my Argonian character. I must say that this is this is the best journal I have ever seen.

I found this site by Googling and I would reccomend this journal to anyone; even someone who has never heard of Morrowind.

Sincerely, a huge fan
Arthmodeus

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I found you while Googling some Morrowind related information for a quest my Dunmer friend, Scoarch, was on and up popped your journal. After reading a while, I was hooked.

Great idea and well worth re-visiting. Also worth sharing with my friends!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through the RSS feed module on "my yahoo" by searching for Morrowind

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After having been a reader of this site since day 5 I think (whenever I saw the original post about it in the TES forums) , I am very excited to see day 100 coming up. I just wanted to post in and say that I hope to see this excellent piece continued in the future.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was given your Arvil Bren site by my son, also a fan; and have been completely hooked since. So much so that I have to confess to frequently rereading previous entries! I love every entry, with its mix of gripping adventure, personalised comments of an adventurer who is REALLY in the middle of Morrowinding quests and friends and enemies, and your excellent wit and humourous comments on your days exploits.

I would have great difficulty choosing any particular day to a friend to begin your journal, but day one got me hooked!! So I guess I'd recommend that!

Day 100 is quite a feat; Glad to hear you are reaching out to pastures(Ashlands, Grazelands?!) new, I wish you continuing success, and am so glad I've been a regular reader since the beginning!!

- Angela

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tim. We'll have to club together to get you a 100th birthday cake!

Brilliant idea to use this as a Morrowind 'trailer' for Bethesda. (I think that's what you meant isn't it?) Maybe they'll give you a preview version of Oblivion to do the same thing with...........?

As far as best episode goes, that's really difficult. I think I'd agree with Angela and suggest starting at day one. Each day builds on the previous experience of Arvil so taking a day out of context could be tricky.

In any case, here's to the next 100 days of daily fix!

Mebyon

9:11 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Thanks to you all!!! Blogger automatically forwards comments to my e-mail, which sorts them into a folder...I love that folder. I did quote some of the previous comments when I was writing to Bethesda, of the 'I'm playing Morrowind again' variety...and I am thinking that Mebyon's idea about a preview copy of Oblivion I might have to just forward too! Really though, between Arvil's adventures, my book, and real life, I am pretty busy so Oblivion might have to wait a bit.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you when you posted over at MSF and have been hooked ever since. Congrats on the linking from the Bethsoft site, I was wondering wether to send them an email about your site, but it seems someone beat me to it (or did you make a post at the official forums?). Either way, congrats!

This work is absolutely riveting. It's become an integral part of my day, usually I'll eat my lunch while reading the latest addition (which I've found sometimes is NOT a good thing!). It's hard to choose just once post to recommned, however, I would probably second the nomination of #1 just because it introduces the whole thing pretty well... :)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home